Saturday, 18 Oct 2014 9:30 AM
Join Washtenaw Permaculture, Abundant Michigan Permaculture Ypsilanti (AMPY) and Oakland County Permaculture Meetup (OCPM) for the first ‘SoMI Perma-Mixer’ at Dawn Farm.
Come share with us! Learn about local community projects, and meet other folks engaged in the permaculture community. Celebrate the harvest with a potluck! Make a lasting impact by planting trees in the 8 acre, Dawn Farm ‘Restoration Agriculture’ site!
Bring seeds and plants to swap and tables will be available to display and sell your homemade products, food, etc. (with the exception of alcohol and drug related goods). We hope to see you there for a day of good food, conversation, and hands-on goodness.
We seek to periodically bring together permaculture community groups from the local region. At this first Southern Michigan Permaculture Mixer we will meet in Ypsilanti, but we are hoping that next Spring or Fall we can meet again to see another site, network, and engage in hands-on skilling. As you drive into Dawn Farm please pull around the main building to the back driveway where you will see the greenhouse, the pavillion, and can park. Please bring a dish of your favorite food to share and label the ingredients for food allergies or restrictions. Kids are welcome though we cannot offer child care at this time. There are animals to pet and much to explore at the farm.
Register online or email SoMIPermamixer@gmail.com
● 9:30 am – Welcome activities and site introduction
● 11:00 am – Group community building projects
● 12:30 pm – Potluck lunch ● 2:00 pm – Community group presentations ● 3:30 pm – Socializing
● 9:30 Welcome Activities (Pavillion)
● 11:00 Group projects (Field/Pavillion)
● 12:30 Potluck Lunch (Pavillion)
○ Facilitated by Jesse Tack of AMPY
■ Intro circle
■ Dawn farm project/site overview
○ Tree planting
● 2:00 Community group presentations (Pavillion)
○ Facilitated by Bryan Mets of GLPP
○ Representatives of AMPY, OCPM, and Van-Kal Permaculture currently scheduled
○ 15-20 min Closing
● 3:30 Socializing
What to Wear:
● outdoor clothes
● closed toe shoes/boots
What to Bring: ● lawn chairs / seat pads (a pavillion with wooden picnic tables will be available)
● potluck dish (label ingredients, electric outlets and firepit will be available for reheating)
● drinks (water available on site – no alcohol)
● utensils and dishes
● seeds/plants for trade
● shovel, spade, gloves, ice fishing augers, and other tree planting tools
● work gloves
● as DF is a substance abuse facility, we ask you to please abstain from bring any alcohol or drugs